The 6-2 Costello will be an outside hitter for the Seawolves in the fall
April 17, 2014
Photo Gallery | Full 2014 Roster
Stony Brook, N.Y. – Emily Costello has signed a National Letter of Intent to play for the Stony Brook volleyball team this fall, head coach Coley Pawlikowski has announced.
“We are excited for Emily to join our group next fall!” Pawlikowski said. “She is a dynamic and athletic six-rotation outside that fits well with our system here at Stony Brook.
In addition to her skill set, she has a great personality and likes to work hard while having fun. We really look forward to her being in our gym!”
Emily Costello – 6-2 – OH – Webster, N.Y./Our Lady of Mercy HS/Volley FX
- Five-year letterwinner at Our Lady of Mercy HS
- Led Our Lady of Mercy to three consecutive New York State title game appearances and a championship in 2012
- Volleyball accolades: First Team All-New York State (2012 and 2013), Class AA MVP (2012), Class AA All-Tournament Team (2013), Scholar-Athlete (2012 and 2013), MVP Penfield Volleyball Tournament (2011 and 2012)
- Played club volleyball for VolleyFX in Rochester, N.Y.
- Will major in business
- Daughter of William and Mary Costello
- Sister of Kaitlin, a 2013 first-team all-conference selection and member of the Stony Brook volleyball team (2010-13), and Lauren, a former Niagara volleyball player (2007-11)