Sept. 20, 2013
Boulder, Colo. - In its first-ever match against a Pac 12 opponent, the Stony Brook women’s soccer team (5-2-1) came out on the short end of a 4-0 decision vs. Colorado on Friday at the Omni Hotels Women’s Soccer Classic.
• Colorado went ahead just 2:15 into the match when Brie Hooks tapped in a cross from Madison Krauser on the left wing.
• The hosts added a second goal in the 19th minute when Krauser took a feed from Alex Huynh and fired it home for her first tally of the season.
• The Buffaloes tacked on a third goal at the 77:56 mark when Carly Bolyard’s corner kick was directed in by Emily Paxton at the left post.
• Colorado rounded out the scoring with just seven seconds remaining in the match when Anne Stuller notched her sixth goal of the year.
The Numbers Game
• Colorado (7-1) outshot Stony Brook by a 20-4 margin.
• Senior Larissa Nysch (Dresher, Pa.) led the Seawolves with two shots.
• The Buffaloes attempted all 11 corner kicks in the match.
• Seawolves keeper Ashley Castanio (Oceanside, N.Y.) made four saves, including a stop on a penalty kick in the 67th minute.
News & Notes
• The Seawolves were shut out for the second time this season.
• Stony Brook surrendered four goals for the first time since Sept. 27, 2012, a 4-1 loss to Albany.
Stony Brook wraps up the weekend in Boulder with a contest against Northern Colorado on Sunday at 1 p.m. EST.