Jan. 14, 2014
2013-14 Stony Brook Men's Basketball
Stony Brook, N.Y. - The #Seawolves are back at home for just the second time in the last six weeks as they host the Binghamton Bearcats. This is the first conference home game of the year for Stony Brook, which has won 18 consecutive home conference games dating back to Feb. 2011.
One lucky fan Wednesday night will win a new television. The #Seawolves will be giving away one new television at each conference home game this season.
|Game 17 Matchup - Wednesday, Jan. 15
|Stony Brook (10-6) vs. Binghamton (4-12)
|Pritchard Gymnasium Stony Brook, N.Y. 7 p.m.
(Champions Radio 96.9/107.1 FM)
Stony Brook #Seawolves (10-6, 2-0 America East)
Head Coach: Steve Pikiell, ninth season
Overall Record: 135-150
Record at SBU: 130-132
Binghamton Bearcats (4-12, 1-2 America East)
Head Coach: Tommy Dempsey, second season
Overall Record: 214-156
Record at Binghamton: 7-39
About the Game
- Stony Brook looks to defend its home conference winning streak Wednesday against Binghamton. The #Seawolves have won 18 consecutive home conference games dating back to Feb. 2011.
- This is the 58th all-time meeting; Stony Brook leads the all-time series 32-25 and has beaten the Bearcats seven consecutive times.
- This is a matchup of America East's best three-point shooting team (SB - 37.7%) and the league's worst three-point shooting defense (BU - 37.4%).
- Dave Coley had one of the best games of his career last Sunday at Hartford, dropping 20 points (15 in the 2nd half), six rebounds and a career-high seven assists.
- Jameel Warney is 14-for-18 all-time vs. Binghamton.
- Stony Brook has won eight consecutive America East conference games, dating back to Feb. 2013.
- Stony Brook is 17-4 in the month of January since 2012.
- The Bearcats, picked to finish seventh in America East, have already surpassed their 2012-13 win total.
- Binghamton struggles with shooting, averaging just 38.5% from the field, 31.7% from three-point range and 66.0% from the free throw line.
- Youth rules the Bearcats, whose top five scorers are either freshmen or sophomore.
- Jordan Reed is third in America East in scoring (15.9) and leads the conference in rebounding (8.9).
- Four different Bearcats have been named America East Rookie of the Week.
If Stony Brook Wins...
- Stony Brook will improve to 3-0 in America East for the third consecutive season and fourth time in the last five years.
- The #Seawolves will extend their conference winning streak to nine games and their home conference winning streak to 19 games.
- Stony Brook will extend its winning streak against Binghamton to eight games.
The Last Meeting
|No. 8 Binghamton (Quarterfinals)||49
March 9, 2013
Men's hoops advances to semifinals with 72-49 win over Binghamton
Junior Anthony Jackson scored 16 points, and freshman Jameel Warney added 12 points and nine rebounds as the Stony Brook men's basketball team rolled past Binghamton, 72-49, in America East quarterfinals at SEFCU Arena. The Seawolves advance to Sunday's semifinals and will play at approximately 7 p.m.