Pritchard Gymnasium is one of the original buildings built on campus in the late 1960's. It currently serves as the home for Stony Brook men's & women's basketball and volleyball. In the summer of 2008, the gym underwent a $1.5 million renovation to upgrade the seating, add a new scoreboard and refinish the hardwood floor.
With 1,700 seats in an intimate setting, Pritchard Gymnasium has become a real home-court advantage for the Seawolves.
- 1,700-seat multi-purpose arena
- 20,000 square feet
- Three regulation basketball courts that can be divided by a moveable wall into 2 separate rooms.
- Drop down batting tunnels used by the baseball and softball program
ADA Accessibility Information
- Parking: handicap parking available in Gym Road and Indoor Sports Complex metered lots
- Seating: west side of Pritchard Gym (under scoreboard near Section 101)
- Bathrooms: handicap accessibility in all bathrooms in the Indoor Sports Complex (Arena lobby and Pritchard lobby) (grab bars installed)
- Event ushers and athletic event staff available to assist patron if needed
- Access handicap seating area through arena lobby entrance
- Contact person: Christina Rondeau, Christina.Rondeau@stonybrook.edu, 631-632-7933