Island Federal Credit Union Arena
STONY BROOK COMMENCES $21.1 MILLION STONY BROOK ARENA RENOVATION (5/21/12)
Island Federal Credit Union Arena, the new 4,000-seat home of Stony Brook's men's and women's basketball teams, officially opened with a ribbon cutting ceremony on Oct. 3, 2014. The ceremony represented the completion of a two-year, $21.1 million renovation of the facility, which originally opened in 1990.
Island Federal Credit Union Arena, Long Island's new hub for athletics and entertainment, features modern arena video technology, including videoboards on both ends of the court, four luxury suites and a VIP lounge all with loge seating, an expanded concourse with new concession and restroom areas and an enhanced competition court and improved practice courts.
Stony Brook University has commenced a $21.1 million renovation of Stony Brook Arena that will transform the facility into a showcase for Long Island athletic and cultural events. Construction on the state-of-the-art facility -- the new home for Stony Brook Men's and Women's Basketball - will begin in June 2012. Expected completion is Fall 2014.
Island Federal Credit Union Arena was designed by NK Architects and Populous, and Fortunato Sons Contracting, Inc., and VRD Contracting served as general contractors.
ADA Accessibility information
- Parking: handicap parking available in LaValle Stadium, Gym Road, Indoor Sports Complex metered and Chemistry lots
- Seating: handicap seating available in Sections: 102, 106, 110, 114 (including suites)
- Bathrooms: handicap bathrooms available inside the Arena on East and West side as well as in the main Arena Lobby. Handicap bathrooms also located in VIP Suite Area. (grab bars installed)
- Event ushers and athletic department event staff available to help patrons if needed
- Access handicap main arena seating from Arena Lobby main entrance via elevator
- Access handicap suite seating off of Indoor Sports Complex metered lot
- Contact person: Christina Rondeau, firstname.lastname@example.org; 631-632-7933